Celebrating 94 Years!
1923-2017

Pipe Organ

In 1980 a contract was signed with the Reuter Organ Company of Lawrence, Kansas, to build a pipe organ for the vast nave of SS. Peter and Paul Church, which seats over 1,700. Due to financial constraints at the time, a modest 26 rank (prepared for 33 ranks) two-manual pipe organ was built and installed in 1980. This instrument served the liturgical needs of the congregation for 23 years.

In 2003 the decision was made to renovate many aspects of the organ and consider additions to complete the instrument. After months of discussions, proposals, and ideas, it was decided that Allen Organ Company would be awarded the contract. The end result was a three-manual Allen console controlling 50 digital ranks and the pipe organ of 26 ranks, beautifully blended together to make one complete instrument.

While preserving the integrity of the Reuter Pipe Organ, the Allen Organ provided the Parish the opportunity to tonally enhance their instrument of worship. The organ is now better suited for its three main purposes: Providing a more solid foundation for congregational singing and service music; providing suitable accompaniment for Choirs, Soloists, and Instrumental Ensembles; and performing the vast library of organ literature of all stylistic periods. The organ performs all three tasks beautifully and will do so for many generations to come.